Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Life-Changing Experience

A long time has passed since I have last blogged... and I have many update and exciting news to share with you all! I am very pleased to say that since my last post in February, I have done 3 fitness competitions! It's hard to believe that the girl in the BEFORE picture (scroll down to the bottom of the post) turned into into the one in the AFTER. Everything is possible if you put your mind to it... 
First Competition: Western Canadians
At my first competition, which was an entry-level regional show, I got 1st place in my height class and then took the Overall title for the entire division. Six weeks later, I competed at the Provincial level, where I got I got 1st place in my height class and then took the Overall title again. I couldn't believe what was unfolding before my eyes: all the hard work, sweat and tears were turning into success and FIRE. Dedication, discipline and consistency do not lie...and neither does the hard work you put in at the gym. All those long hours and late nights when my fellow competitors and I closed down the gym paid off in the most generous ways... I dared to dream, to believe...and I achieved!
 
Second Competition: BC Championships
Six weeks after my Provincial show, as the dieting and training got harder and harder, I hit the stage for the third time at the Canadian Nationals. At that point, I had been dieting and training for 8 months. It was truly the hardest 8 months I put myself through psychologically...and physically. To stand on stage with the nation's ELITE had always been my dream, and I was humbled by the sheer
notion of having MADE IT.
 
At the Nationals, I place 3rd in my height class and am still ecstatic about the hardware I got to bring home and add to my collection! The energy backstage was infection, vivacious and energetic. I had gotten to know many competitors from various divisions, having done 2 shows before this one. I got to spend time with them yet again, which meant so much to me! I feel very lucky to have built such close friendships with the people I have met through this experience filled with life-changing moments I will remember for the rest of my life.

I am pleased and proud of the results of my first year competing! My competition plans for the future: Canadian Nationals in August 2013. I am taking an entire year off to build, scult, and work hard on my physique. Perfection takes practice... And winning is certainly a LIFESTYLE, not just a 12 week program. I would like to give my sponsors a BIG and GENEROUS thank you for supporting me through this rough time! I couldn't have done it without you guys! Unbelievable people sharing incredible products:

Better Body Sports www.facebook.com/betterbodysports
DC Sports Nutrition www.facebook.com/DCSportsNutrition
WWW.NUTRAWAYS.COM www.facebook.com/VitaminsCanada

Yours Truly,

Peanut

BEFORE: Feb 2012 / AFTER: Aug 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment